Saturday, May 8, 2010

Going Raw -- Marinated Portobello Mushrooms

My cousin Eileen sent me an email describing a raw foods dinner party she hosted. (Eileen can be very hard core in her diet at times.) While switching to a completely raw food lifestyle holds zero appeal -- sorry, but I like my chocolate, steak and bread -- of late, I have been eating fewer fruits and vegetables than a nine-year old boy. So, I thought, why not try to have a raw food day? What's the harm in it? It's only one day.

Here, then, is a recipe I found on the glorious Internets, home to just about every perversion (0h, relax, all you offended raw foodists out there!)

Ingedients:

4 large Portabello mushrooms
2 tablespoon sesame oil
2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
3 cloves garlic, finely chopped or pressed
1 tablespoon chopped ginger
2 tablespoons of Bragg's Amino Acids
2 tablespoons raw, unhulled sesame seeds

Method:

1. Slice the mushrooms into strips
2. Mix the remaining ingredients in a bowl. Add the mushrooms and "gently massage" until they are evenly covered.
3. Allow to marinate for at least two hours. Eat.
4. Feel very virtuous and still hungry




No comments: