Saturday, May 8, 2010

Going Raw, part 2 -- Carrot Cucumber Salad w/ Spicy Peanut Dressing

Something that greatly amused me as I was trolling the Internets for simple raw recipes was the number of raw junk food ones I found. I mean, raw "ding dongs"? Raw "oreos"? Raw "chocolate banana bread"? The sweet recipes outnumbered the savory two to one. I think, if you want to eat the sweet stuff, EAT THE SWEET STUFF. Don't drag out a dehydrator and pretend to make oreos.

Anyway, this recipe is just a salad and could have been listed on any recipe website. I like that it's not officially "raw" because I feel enough like a fraud.

Ingredients:
2 large carrots
1 cucumber

1/4 cup peanut butter
1 tablespoon Bragg's Aminos
1 tablepoon sesame oil
1 tablespoon lime juice
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/4 cup of water

Method:

1. Peel thin strips of carrot and cucumber with a vegetable peeler.
2. Mix the remaining ingredients together in a bowl.
3. Toss the vegetables with the dressing. Top with raw, unhulled sesame seeds.

No comments: